Friday 2 March 2012

Snail Trails



This is one of my few attempts at creative writing, I really did enjoy jotting this piece down. I am good a research writing, yes its boring, but it is a skill that I have. I do try other kinds of writing but, I honestly have no time or the patience.... enough about that here is the piece.







'Snail trails all over the Pink Palace. On the walls, on the couches, in my room, on my shoes, on my clothes.... One day maybe I will have a trail on my forehead. I think nothing of it. Its just a snail, rather, and army of snails ... no matter, they work while I am asleep and leave their remnants for me to find in the day... like leaving clues to a puzzle... but, I have hardly seen snail in Pinkie... why are there so many slugs? where are the snails? who leaves all these trails?... Oh, wait a minute, it never occurred to me, I'm such an idiot... its the slugs, they are like snails, but slimier... They are everywhere, like a plague; rather annoying, they're in my face all the time!! Today I woke up bright and early, to find a slug at my door, "darn it!" I think, "its mysteriousnessness is shattered", I was hoping never to catch one in the act of 'trailing'. Maybe I woke too early and caught the slug as it was slipping out.... now I am curious, so I decided to look closer to see it at work... its dead!! "Oh No!!" It puked its innards all over my floor, and ants have already begun devouring the poor guy... just laying there lifeless, its cold boggy eyes staring back at me. I am sad... I then remember that last night when I got home I did step on something, "Oh No!! Its my fault!". Such a terrible way to go. I can only hope one less slug in the Pink Palace means one more in trail heaven...... Moving on.'

No comments:

Post a Comment