Wednesday 1 February 2012

Visiting Ours....

Three clues to where I've been over the December holidays.... miniature Yellow Taxi on Brooklyn Bridge, Fluorescent American Flag in Time Square, and a Tow Truck on the way to the great city of Philadelphia... All I can say is that its nice to say 'I've been there' when watching all those shows, seen all those postcards, and heard the endless talk about these places. My younger brother and I spending time with the older brother and his wife, exploring what we could of the states of New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania...



Yellow taxi

Lit American flag on in Time Square

Big ol' red tow truck

There are many Places that one should really visit, I mean if one appreciates nature, history and culture, when in New York. I was a typical tourist and went to all the city highlights, did Broadway, Rockefeller Center, Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, Wall Street, Central Park, Time Square, Ground Zero (9/11 Memorial), to name those places I remember...

A day in Time Square with Rando and bro

Awe struck at the 9/11 Memorial

On my way to the raging bull of Wall street

The headquarters of NBC and GE

Lady Liberty 


 I have enjoyed and highly appreciate many of these places, one of which is the Metropolitan Museum of Art,or the MET. Immensely diverse art in a rather large place. From historical artifacts of the Greek, Japanese and Egyptian Empires, through the Renaissance,  to the modern day contemporary pieces; even those who thought that they would never even give a second glance to such a collection would thoroughly enjoy how playful and yet profound the exhibitions are...http://www.metmuseum.org/







When it comes to food, I am front and centre for any chance to try new things, and explore the cuisines. I had to try out the typical New York style takeout, We had turkey burger with sweet potato fries and a side of buffalo wings. Also tried all the famous fast food joints, White Castle, the Cheesecake Factory, IHOP, Dunkin Donuts, to name those I remember. Even had to compare hot dogs from the hot dog stands and delis, tried soft pretzels, corn dogs and pizza. The famous Philly cheese steaks were also on the table, and I must say they were really tasty, and southern fried chicken with mash, collards greens, biscuit and gravy, its true what they say about soul food, hands down the best food I had in the states. Of course we also had home cooked meals, which is what we mostly ate during our stay;)

One of the two places we had pizza, the other was Papa John's

Did not eat here

Hotdog and pretzel stand

Can you say Philly cheesesteak?!

Christmas dinner, prepared by brother and sis-in-law, includes glistening ham


There are many places that I would like to mention in detail, but then this would become endless instead as the year progresses, I will post up some more pictures of the lovely visit.... if I do remember. All in all, it was a lovely time spent with ours, and I came back with new and much appreciated experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment